Rules, rules, and more rules. Scholars analyze the role bureaucracy plays in the United States government and politics. Using the 15th installment in a 50-part series that explores US government and politics, a short video clip investigates the separation of powers as well as the need for the government to make rules and regulations for the society in which we live.
- Invite a local member of city council to explain why we have so many rules that govern society
- Examine the formation of the American Bureaucracy with an assigned reading
- Requires online access if assigning the video clip as homework
- Lesson includes the Thought Bubble, which animates the concept of the lesson for visual learners
- Introduces several concepts (federalism, separation of powers) for expansion of the lesson beyond the video