This Bytes and File Sizes lesson plan also includes:
A bite of bits. The first lesson in a unit of 15 introduces the class to the byte. Pupils learn about other standard units for measuring file sizes, develop an understanding of relative sizes and the kind of units used to measure specific file types.
- Have pupils determine the average number of bytes for a document that is one page in length
- Determine the approximate number of bytes in a typical text message
- Some classmates may be very familiar with finding information using the properties of a file while others may not; be prepared to answer questions
- The activity guide contains the links needed for research
- The lesson plan includes a link to the answer key