People use californium in metal detectors, cancer treatments when radiation fails, and airplane safety protocol. Discovered in 1950, the element has many unique properties, especially when compared to those around it, and is the focus of an educational video.
- Learn more about how people use this element to inspect airplane metal fatigue
- Read more about Thomas E. Albrecht-Schmitt's research on the element
- Relies on prior knowledge of nuclear technology
- Works well in traditional or flipped classes
- Offers subtitles in English and Portuguese for visual learners