This Calling All Explorers lesson plan also includes:
Let's get moving! The second installment of a 2-part series of six adventures helps learners take part in individual explorations by sea and by land. After navigating the waters in an informative WebQuest, groups create and hide their own geocache for future explorers to find.
- Partner with a local surveyor or wildlife management office for a possible source of handheld GPS devices for geocaching activity
- Incorporate a few of the oceanographer interviews into the class discussion to help shed light on that career choice
- Schedule time in the computer lab or library for pupils to complete the individual WebQuest assignment
- Content taps into individuals' curiosity and shows that exploration doesn't have to be a long-distance affair using the example of geocaching
- Resource contains worksheets and answer keys for WebQuest assignment