Quick ... name an organism that's an animal, a vegetable, and a mineral. PBS Digital Studios models for viewers the symbiotic relationship between coral reefs zooxanthellae. The video then goes on to explain how climate change has devastating effects on coral reefs.
- Use the video during a lesson on climate change or on the human impact on Earth systems
- It is helpful if learners know how carbon dioxide reacts with water to form carbonic acid
- Learners should already know about symbiotic relationships, but it is not a prerequisite as the video briefly describes these relationships
- Video introduces interesting and alarming statistics
- Well-paced and informative video keeps viewers engaged