This Can It Happen in America?: Taking Social Action lesson plan also includes:
Class members investigate the Jim Crow Laws, Executive Order 9066, the Chinese Exclusion Act, and the Indian Removal Act to gather information about not only the challenges encountered by diverse groups of Americans, but their contributions to society as well.
- Form groups, assign each one a difference primary source document to research, and ask experts to share their findings with their new group in a jigsaw activity
- The 10th in a series of 17 related resources
- Although designed to accompany a visit to the Museum of Tolerance, such a visit is not required for this activity
- The primary source documents are available on the Museum of Tolerance Teachers' Guide web site
- The two-page packet includes research questions and suggestions for extensions
- No scaffolding is provided for the research activity