This Can Photosynthesis Occur at Saturn? lesson plan also includes:
In the 19th activity of 22, learners determine if distance from a light source affects photosynthesis. Participants capture oxygen in straws and find that the amount of water the gas displaces is proportional to the rate of photosynthesis.
20 Views 17 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable NGSS: Adaptable
- Use the resource as a springboard to discuss chemosynthesis and whether this process could occur on Saturn
- Scholars must record data every 30 minutes over a four-hour period; classes may begin collecting data but teacher may need to finish and share final data with them
- Set up apparatuses before class to allow groups maximum time to collect data
- Activity provides worksheet with discussion questions
- Includes an extension activity for more advanced pupils