Have your scientists ever dreamed of being super strong or super fast? Nuclear science meets science fiction in a video from the American Chemical Society's Reactions playlist. Content includes sources and strengths of radioactive particles as well as the levels of radiation needed to create major changes in the human body.
- Use the resource to add character to a radiation or nuclear reactions lesson
- Have the class hypothesize about the types and levels of radiation various superheroes would have needed to get their super powers
- To follow the video viewers should be familiar with different types of radiation
- Content is exciting and presented in a fun, engaging way
- The narrator explains the actual phenomena that supposedly caused several characters to develop super powers