This Can You Design a Hot or Cold Pack? lesson plan also includes:
You're getting warmer. Groups conduct an experiment to determine which of four chemicals are in hot/cold packs. They learn about exothermic and endothermic reactions and use this knowledge to design a hot/cold pack that is small enough for children to use.
- Conduct a lab safety session before the activity
- Part of the STEM SLED Design playlist
- Requires materials, including several different chemicals
- Includes student handouts
- Lists some possible extension activities