Is it physically possible to travel at the speed of light? A video in the Veritasium playlist discusses Einstein's Theory of Relativity. The narrator then challenges learners to consider the classic thought experiment: If you travel at the speed of light, will you see your reflection in a mirror?
- Hold a class discussion to consider the thought experiment prior to showing the video
- Have pupils create metaphors to describe the difference of the speed of light compared to another moving object
- Consider monitoring the YouTube comments if making the video available for independent viewing
- Incorporates actual scientific research
- Narrator uses humor to add interest to the lesson