This Can You Spot the Problem with These Headlines? (Level 1) video also includes:
What's the story behind the headlines for scientifically researched products? Viewers of a short video identify the fallacies in headlines designed to lure the unwary.
3 Views 5 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have groups investigate the headline for a health concern article and the sample size, whether or not there was a control group, and other factors involved in selecting the test subjects
- Have class members bring in headlines that match those mentioned in the video
- Have class members investigate the requirements for clinical trials using this website
- Ends with an ad for other media literacy skills videos in the series
- Provides suggestions for what to look for in randomized, controlled trials, and observational studies