This Canine Courage worksheet also includes:
Did you know dogs had an important job on September 11th, the day airplanes took down the World Trade Center? Learn more about the furry heroes with a three-page informational read designed to aid pupils in answering 10 questions—multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short answer.
- Send a letter home to inform families about the worksheet's content and how to encourage appropriate discussions outside of school
- Review marking the text prior to assigning the worksheet then direct learners to use the strategies to locate information
- Search school-appropriate images of dogs working on September 11th to add real-world context in picture form
- Requires copies
- Vocabulary terms are highlighted using bold font
- Space is provided for learners to write short answers directly on the worksheet