This Capacitor Simulation interactive also includes:
The camera flash works based on a simple circuit, but why does it require a capacitor? Scholars work through two levels of simulations related to circuits and capacitors. The pupils first use a simple circuit with a battery, resistor, and capacitor. Finally, they see a demonstration of a parallel circuit using both a resistor and capacitor.
- Simulation best fits as a review of circuits since some pieces don't work
- Requires a free CK-12 account to access the interactive
- Assumes prior knowledge of linear versus exponential graphs
- Displays a data graph with each trial
- Simulation won't progress until students give the correct answer
- Some parts of the simulation don't work, but you can continue through it