How many of the pupils in your language arts class can differentiate between a colon and a semicolon? Clarify common conventions, including end punctuation, proper capitalization, and sentence structure, with a series of helpful grammar activities.
- Include exercises in a grammar assessment or homework assignment
- Project selected sentences onto the board for learners to correct as a class
- Encourage individuals to write their vocabulary sentences with semicolons, proper nouns, commas in a series, or another written convention from the resource
- Instruction pages are a little wordy, and are more helpful as planning tools for a lesson than as handouts for learners
- Designed for high schoolers but helpful for middle schoolers as well
- Provides an answer key for each exercise
- Focuses on a variety of grammar concepts