This Capitalization lesson plan also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Teach your class the rules of capitalization with this fun, engaging lesson plan. Children participate in a learning activity, collaborate with peers, and practice their writing as they learn three specific rules: to always capitalize the first word of a sentence, the pronoun I, and the names of people. To provide added support for young learners, consider making posters of these rules with examples to display around your classroom. This lesson plan can be applied to the teaching of other capitalization rules as well, making it adaptable to a range of grade levels.
- The included learning activity encourages student participation
- Supports the achievement of clear learning objectives
- Easily adaptable to Common Core State Standards
- Does not include differentiation for ELLs or special needs students