This Capturing Carbon Dioxide lesson plan also includes:
Why don't we just capture carbon dioxide in the air and store it somewhere else? A hands-on lesson allows scholars to explore a complex concept. First, they will create a carbonated beverage, and then they will determine if liquid carbonation is an effective method of carbon sequestration.
- Extend the lesson by testing what drinks can become carbonated
- Encourages learners to research carbon sequestration projects
- The resource Sublime Sublimation makes an excellent introduction for this lesson
- Background knowledge of carbon dioxide would be helpful
- Discussion topics and extended activities are included
- Hands-on and highly engaging materials