This Car Collision interactive also includes:
When a car crashes into a wall, does it just stop or does it bounce or roll backwards? A simulation relates velocity, kinetic energy, momentum, and restitution to answer this question. Scholars apply their knowledge through eight levels of difficulty.
- Discuss why cars don't actually have perfectly elastic crashes
- Remind pupils where the energy goes when we don't observe it, i.e., heat, friction, etc.
- Requires a free CK-12 account to access the interactive
- Does not allow learners to move on until they have the correct answer
- Offers hints if the answer is incorrect