A quick video looks at the career of a nurse practitioner. The host begins describing the differences between a registered nurse and a nurse practitioner. He then details his personal story. Lastly, the host looks towards the future, lists what doors the degree can open, a offers tips for moving forward.
- Invite a nurse practitioner to speak to the class about their experience
- Direct pupil to watch the video for homework then respond to reflection questions on a classroom blog post
- Encourage individuals who are interested in the progression to investigate it further then report their findings to their peers
- The video is part of PBS's Career Connections series
- Stresses the importance of math and other sciences
- Spotlights the independence the level of nursing allows in the profession
- The host speaks clearly and at a decent rate