This Cartesian Diver activity & project also includes:
Amaze your scholars with an activity that uses a Cartesian diver to demonstrate Pascal's Law, Archimedes' Principle, and the Ideal Gas Law. Groups then repeat the process and make their own diver move up and down in a bottle.
1 Collection 34 Views 26 Downloads CCSS: Designed NGSS: Designed
- Invite a scuba diver to come to the class and talk about diving and achieving neutral buoyancy
- Build your own Cartesian diver using a plastic pipette and try it in different types of fluids
- The class should be familiar with Pascal's Law, Archimedes' Principle, density, and the Ideal Gas Law
- The resource includes directions on how to make a homemade alternative
- Activity extensions provide opportunities to expand the use of the Cartesian divers