Why Lesson Planet?
Engage your pupils in a plot activity based on the favorite Dr. Seuss book, The Cat in the Hat. There are two pages included here. The first is a list of plot elements and the second is a grid of plot points and other information. Class members cut and paste the plot points to the appropriate points on the list.
- Take this a step further and have kids add some illustrations or glue the plot points to a plot chart or poster
- Invite learners to work with a partner to complete this task
- A few of the plot point cards may be a bit too large to fit on the list page; test it out for yourself first to see if you need to make any modifications or give learners any particular pointers
- Adds in a hands-on element to what could be a very typical activity
- Includes all necessary materials; the first page is even written in cat-in-the-hat-worthy font