This Catapult lesson plan also includes:
Studying levers couldn't be more exciting! Learners build their own catapults and test the results as they make adjustments to the fulcrum. They compete against other groups to create the most accurate apparatus.
19 Views 14 Downloads NGSS: Adaptable
- Challenge groups to create the catapult with the best accuracy; test by calculating the average distance from a target after a set number of trials
- Requires specific materials for the construction of the apparatus
- Expects a basic understanding of the function of a lever
- Allows pupils to make adjustments to their catapults
- Includes a link to historical events for a real-world connection