This Catch the Gingerbread Men Game activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Catching men made of gingerbread motivates your young graphers to begin exploring the concept of finding a point in two-dimensional space. Learners practice locating each cookie by rolling two cubes (one with the letters a through f and the other with the numbers one through six), that produce the ordered pairs like (B, 5) or (A, 3).
- Gummy bears, cheese crackers, or some other yummy snack can be used in place of the gingerbread men in this game
- Encourage learners to pick a box by saying the letter first, then the number to get them thinking of a location in two-dimensional space as an ordered pair of coordinates; horizontal axis first, vertical axis second
- Game directions and game pieces template included
- Teachers may gain weight if they eat too many of the game pieces