This Catcher to 2nd activity & project also includes:
Who's on second? Young mathematicians use a diagram of a baseball field to find the distance a catcher must throw to reach second base. A brief video of such a play during a baseball game sets the stage for the assignment.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Designed
- Team up with the baseball coach or a physical education teacher for the activity
- If possible, have learners measure the actual distance on a baseball field
- Requires experience with trigonometry or special right triangles
- Sports enthusiasts may find the lesson interesting
- Includes only one simple task