This Causes and Effects of Climate Change lesson plan also includes:
Wrap-up a unit on global climate change with a instructional activity that examines the causes and effects of climate change. Learners fill out a chart that represents what they think causes climate change—natural and human-based—and what they think happens as a result of climate change. Then, they are assessed on the topic by responding through a persuasive writing prompt.
- Review cause and effect before implementing the lesson
- Give each individual a copy of the writing rubric to refer to as they write
- Preview the writing prompt before deciding to use it in the classroom, as the stance is slightly one sided
- Best used with the other lessons in the series so that learners have the appropriate background knowledge
- The final lesson of the unit, which is included in a larger series of units that focuses on global climate change
- Comes with a persuasive writing prompt that allows for reflection of the topic, as well as a rubric to be used with assessment