Whether or not your school has adopted the Common Core standards, this 18-page language arts unit design template is worth a look because it asks instructors to consider all the key elements of a strong English language arts unit. In addition, the template identifies the descriptors for each standard.
- Set aside a large chunk of planning time to complete the packet
- The template, used as a checklist for already-designed units, will indicate where additional materials, activities, and assessments need to be added
- The template identifies key elements of an instructional unit
- The standards are identified and described
- The size of the packet and the volume information requested may be off-putting