This Celebrate Joy Harjo: The First Native American Poet Laureate activity also includes:
Introduce middle schoolers to Poet Laureate Joy Harjo with a lesson that not only explains the role and duties of the Poet Laureate but also contains a video in which Harjo explains what she sees as her responsibility as a Native American poet.
- Use during Native American Heritage Month in November or during April's Poetry Month
- Activities require WiFi access
- Projection equipment is needed for the painting and the videos
- One of the included video links is no longer available, but a replacement has been provided
- Includes links to resources for those who want to learn more about Native American poetry
- Offers helpful tips for parents and caregivers