This Cell Membrane Experimental Design activity & project also includes:
Grandma said to gargle with salt water for a sore throat. Was she right? In the last part of the seven-part unit, lab groups design an experiment to test a cells reaction to salt solutions. The pupils conduct their experiment to answer questions connected to soothing a sore throat by gargling with salt water.
- Have the teams research the causes of sore throats to make the connection to the experiment
- Review the process of developing a sound experiment
- Use a lab report format that the class has used, so they are familiar with it
- The questions in the worksheet help guide the lab groups in designing their experiments
- The handout is in a docx format, which allows for easy editting