Students examine ceramic vessels from different time periods. In this ceramic vessel instructional activity, students work in small groups to look at images of ceramic vessels from a number of time periods. They identify the characteristics of the vessels and identify the country or region of their origin. They participate in a discussion on the information from their research.
- Lesson Plan (RTF version)
- Aryballos in the Form of a Bull's Head
- Attic Black-Figure Komast Cup
- Basin with Deucalion and Pyrrha
- Lidded Vase
- Lidded Pot-pourri Vase (vase or pot-pourri vaisseau à mât, deuxième grandeur)