Work on the chain gang. The 11th installment in a series of 31 demonstrates how the chain rule and the quotient rule work together to find a derivative. Using a trigonometric function of a quotient involving exponentials as an example, the presenter calculates the derivative.
- Use the video in a flipped class to introduce using the chain rule with the quotient rule
- The class should know the derivative of trigonometric functions and exponential functions
- Individuals need to know the quotient rule
- Uses colors to highlight the inside and outside functions
- Shows the steps in simplifying the expressions