This Challenges of Laparoscopic Surgery activity & project also includes:
Get some laparoscopic training without the pain with an activity that challenges class members to find out what it is like to perform laparoscopic surgery. Teams perform three different tasks and quantify their performance. The activity is the second in a 10-part series and is built upon information gained from the first lesson.
- Research different procedures that are done with laparoscopic techniques
- Develop alternative tasks that are easier or harder than the ones in the resource
- In order to meet the match standard, have the class determine average time needed to complete all three tasks
- The activity comes with a link to an additional video on laparoscopic surgery
- Includes a list of materials and directions to build the trainer
- The cost of the laparoscopic instruments may be high