This Change of State interactive also includes:
Free-body diagrams display all forces acting on an object, helping scientists represent Newton's Laws of Motion. Scholars read a short description of motion and view the free-body diagram to begin the installment of a larger series on Newton's laws. They examine a change to the object's motion and must determine which new diagram best fits.
- Use as a formative assessment of the connection between motion and force
- Adjustable display works on smartphones, tables, Chromebooks, laptops, and desktops
- Relies on prior knowledge of force diagrams, changes in force, and interpretation of motion
- Lists related resources for readings, hands-on labs, and websites
- Displays progress through a series of color changes and stars