This Changing Demographics: What Can We Do to Promote Respect? lesson plan also includes:
America has always been seen as a melting pot to the world. Scholars research the concept of blending cultures in the United States and how it is changing over time. The final lesson of a four-part series analyzes the changing demographics of the nation. Open discussion creates opportunities to speak about race, culture, and equality in America's changing society.
- Introduce the lesson with a graphic on the current demographic breakdown in America as of 2018
- Have groups research the demographics of their community compare these figures to other areas of the country
- Requires online access to complete a blog assignment
- Incorporates detailed guided questioning to use when reading the article
- Resource includes additional readings for lesson extension