This Chemical Energy activity & project also includes:
Provide the class with a quick lesson on chemical energy as they are assisted in creating hot and cold packs to demonstrate energy transfer between objects. They observe the energy change in matter as it transforms and distinguish between endothermic and exothermic chemical reactions.
- Have the class research the long-term effects of hypothermia and discuss their findings
- Instruct pupils to look into the progression of increased temperatures throughout the history of our planet
- Take proper care when heating and cooling substances to avoid injury or burns
- This is the fifth module in a series of eight related resources
- Multiple ideas allow for expansion of this activity into higher-level projects
- Hands-on activity appeals to all learners and engages creativity