Why do we recycle industrial waste? Zubera, a chemical engineer helps find ways to recover precious metals from industrial waste so the United States can decrease its reliance on other countries for the metals. Learners discover her pursuits in an educational STEM video.
- Show the video with a lesson or unit on recycling
- Research the chemical processes that are happening in the flotation separation process
- Some pupils may not know the chemical formula for lithium
- Explains a very complex procedure in understandable terms
- The speaker points out her interest in STEM and why she became a chemical engineer
- The closed captioning is not accurate