What do grilled cheese sandwiches have to do with chemistry? Show your class the answer and introduce them to stoichiometry using an intriguing video from the Socratica chemistry playlist. Through an easy example—making a grilled cheese sandwich— equations balance quickly. It then walks viewers through a sample problem using moles.
- Create additional mole-to-mole stoichiometry problems
- Review conversion factors if pupils aren't completely confident solving them
- Relies on prior knowledge of balancing chemical equations and moles
- Offers tips and hints to make solving these easier
- Includes subtitles in English for ease of note taking