You'll get a charge out of this! Future scientists learn the rules of naming monoatomic ions and how to determine each ion's charge. They learn to classify between fixed charge metal, variable charge metal, and nonmetal ions.
4 Views 3 Downloads NGSS: Adaptable
- Have students play a game of charades where they act out the characteristics of monoatomic ions
- Assist ESL/ELL learners with completion of this lesson
- Help hearing impaired or any other participants who need extra attention with completion of the lesson
- Video segment throughly discusses how to classify each type of ion
- Short video allows time to answer questions and discuss principles for learners to more fully understand