Metals offer unique properties thanks to the structure of their valence electrons. The Socratica chemistry playlist includes this video explaining what a metal is and the properties of metals. It focuses on their structures, features, and characteristics.
- Add new vocabulary words to science journals
- Collect samples of a variety of metals and observe the properties discussed in the video
- Relies on prior knowledge of ionic and covalent bonds
- Graphics clearly explain the concepts
- Highlights new vocabulary throughout
- Provides closed captioning in English for ELLs