Teach your class all they want to know about ionic bonds. An engaging video, part of the Socratica "Chemistry Lessons" playlist, explains what ionic bonds are and how they form. It describes multiple examples of ionic bonds and demonstrates how to write the bonds using dot structures. It also discusses the properties of ionic bonds.
- Print the solubility table at 4:40 for young scientists to add to their science journals
- Test the conductivity of some ionic compounds as a lab during class
- Relies on prior knowledge of valence electrons and Lewis dot structures
- Provides links to related videos for those wishing to learn more
- Includes closed captioning in English for ELLs