Have you ever seen a wingless fly or a katydid larger than many birds? The eighth part of a series on the Field Museum in Chicago shares both of these unique insects. The resource explains the location and features of some of the impressive specimens at the museum. This series is part of a larger playlist on Insects and other invertebrates from Brain Scoop.
- Research the largest, best-camouflaged, and brightest-colored insects in your area
- Visit the Field Museum if at all possible
- Relies on prior knowledge of camouflage, insects, and geography
- Requires very little class time
- Provides closed captioning in seven languages for ELLs