The Chicago Field Museum is home to some amazingly large creatures! The installment from a larger mammals playlist takes young biologists on a tour of the mammal curation labs. Experts explain the specimen collection in terms of their value in research.
- Use the video to support a lesson on evolution, biodiversity, or animal anatomy
- Show the class a short video about flying squirrels so they can experience their unique adaptation
- Pause the video as needed to explain a few of the anatomical terms used throughout the video
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Each elephant bone is carefully explained in terms of what structures are represented
- The scientists discuss the importance of having a wide variety of species available to study, an important concept for younger learners to appreciate