Give your early adolescents some food for thought: How would life be different if we lived in the 1800s? They explore differences in clothing, entertainment, communication, and access to materials. By observing art by Canadian painter Robert Harris, the lives of children from 150 years ago are revealed. To culminate, learners write letters from the perspective of children in that era. Allow prep time to adapt this set of eye-opening activities for your region/demographics.
- "John Gordon Mackenzie" by Robert Harris
- "Untitled" (letter) by Robert Harris
- "Catacombs of St. Calixtus" by Robert Harris
- "Landscape with Man and Cart" by William Critchlow Harris
- "Miss Evelyn Mackenzie" by Robert Harris