The German army used chlorine gas as chemical warfare in WWI. The 17th video in a series of 118 about chemical elements discusses the element chlorine. It introduces basic facts and some fascinating experiments proving the dangers associated with chlorine.
- Discuss the use of chlorine in war
- Describe the importance of chlorinated swimming pools
- Consider the maturity of pupils, as it discusses chemical warfare and adultery
- Provides subtitles in English, French, and Portuguese for ELLs
- Shares experiments too dangerous to perform in most classrooms