Get in the holiday spirit with winter-themed handwriting and spelling practice. Pupils trace the words for three cartoon images: reindeer, snowman, and candy cane. Another line is provided for each image that can be used for practicing writing and spelling the words without tracing guides.
- Use this worksheet around the winter holidays
- Set up centers in your class and use this page at one of them; the exercise requires little instruction, so kids can get started quickly and mostly independently
- As an extension, ask advanced students to write sentences with the words on the back of the page when they're done
- While the word Christmas is on the top of the page, all the words are related to winter, and the word Christmas could be whited out if it poses an issue at your school
- Resource pairs images with words and is visually appealing
- Provides space for learners to practice with guides and then on their own, effectively scaffolding the writing and spelling practice