This Chromatography - Color Clues activity & project also includes:
Here's an activity that will change how one sees color. Pupils try out an experiment on chromatography where they place a drop of food coloring on a coffee filter, add several drops of water, and watch the colors spread and separate. They then repeat the process using salt water.
- Have learners try out different inks
- Activity requires coffee filters, green food coloring, cups, cotton swabs, salt, and water
- Prior knowledge of chromatography is not necessary
- Directions are easy to follow
- Includes a printable handout