This Chunk it! lesson plan also includes:
Chunking information helps you remember that information longer. A hands-on activity tests this theory by having learners collect and analyze their own data. Following their conclusions, they conduct randomization simulations to test whether their results are as extreme as they found in their experiments.
- Have pupils collect data from friends and family prior to the day of the activity
- Collect and prepare the necessary materials prior to the activity
- Expects previous experience creating dot plots and calculating means
- Includes a sample answer key
- Encourages higher order thinking strategies