This Circle-Square activity & project also includes:
How do the area and perimeters of circles and squares compare? A clever video illustrates the change in the area of a circle and square while their total perimeter stays the same. The task is for learners to predict the point where the area of the circle and square is the same.
- Have pupils create a table estimating area and perimeter of the figures at different points
- Use string to cover the area of a square and circle with equal perimeters; compare their lengths
- Expects a strong understanding of perimeter and area of circles and squares
- Includes an interactive component
- Provides cues for questions throughout the lesson