Understanding the basic of circles is as easy as pi. The resource introduces the definition of a circle along with its dimensions, circumference, diameter, and radius. Using graphics, the video shows the approximation of pi and how to determine it.
- Construct a graphic organizer of a circle and its parts and have the class identify them
- Lead a discussion on the why the definition must be so precise
- Class members should have a basic understanding of a circle
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Uses colors to help distinguish the diameters when wrapping them around the circle
- Includes some humor to increase engagement