The poignant words of Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address echoed over the dedication of a battlefield to the fallen soldiers, who paid the ultimate price for the victory. High schoolers watch the pivotal moment in an informative and engaging video that focuses on both Union and Confederate strategies throughout the Battle of Gettysburg.
- Include as part of a research project in which individuals or groups learn more about a specific battle of the Civil War, or follow either the Confederacy or Union through each battle
- Pass out a graphic organizer for learners to jot down notes about particular generals or locations as they watch
- Requires prior knowledge and context of the Civil War, including the battles leading up to Gettysburg, as the video begins immediately with Gettysburg
- Depicts soldier casualties in fictionalized action and real photographs from the war
- Dramatic reenactments and map movements keep learners in the moment
- Provides natural pauses in the video to stop for questions and clarification