This Classification of Organisms lesson plan also includes:
Searching for the perfect indoor/outdoor activity that allows class members the opportunity to learn about organism classification? Here, pupils research organisms and categorize them according to domain and kingdom over the course of two to three class periods. The adaptations further challenge the class as they attempt to correctly classify biological organisms.
- Create a booklet that describes the characteristics of each of the six kingdoms and provide examples of each
- Ensure students are capable of conducting lab outside if this method is chosen
- If lab is conducted outside, make certain no student is allergic to environmental conditions
- There is no clean up required upon completion, especially if this is conducted outside
- Longer experiment time allows for better understanding of the content