This Classifying Solutions to Systems of Equations lesson plan also includes:
Double the fun of solving a linear equation with an activity that asks learners to first compete an assessment task graphing two linear equations to find the common solution. They then complete a card activity solving systems of equations and grouping systems with matching solutions.
- Use the resource to introduce systems of equations
- Prior preparation (cutting up cards for activity) is necessary
- Assessment task needs to be assigned several days in advance of the main lesson
- Teacher guide includes an answer key
- Resource includes a projector resource that can be used with overhead projectors or SmartBoards